Monday, November 1, 2010

Weigh-In | 11.1.10

Today I’m happy to report that I’m down 2.2 lbs.!  Which FINALLY puts me over the 20 lb. mark!  Tally:  21 ½ pounds! 

This past week I did things a little differently.  I ran across a website called Myfitnesspal.  It’s really pretty cool.  You plug in all your specifics – gender, age, weight, goal weight, how much you want to lose per week, and how much you exercise, and how you spend your day.  It will give you a calorie goal to reach your weekly weight loss.  You can log all of your food on the website - and they have a huge database of food entries.  You can just search for a food and add it to your daily total.  It keeps track of your calories, fat, carbs and protein.  You also log your exercise each day.  One thing I found interesting was that each day when you finish your logging – it will tell you, “If every day were like today, you would weigh X amount in 5 weeks.”  I found that pretty inspiring.  Some days it was more inspiring than others, though.  Haha.  Did I mention that this site is completely FREE? :)

Oh, and this website has a fully-functional iPhone app, too!  You know, I logged my food every single day with this website & app!  I counted very few “real” calories.  The info was on the site/app, and I just plugged it in.  The math was done for me...so easy!  I’m going to continue to use this site, since it helped me to have a more successful week.  One thing I found interesting is that the calorie count for Myfitnesspal is actually lower than Weight Watchers.  I’ve always been told that 1 point is roughly equivalent to 50 calories.  I had a difference of 450 calories each day.  3,150 extra calories per week?  You have to burn 3,500 calories to lose a pound……..so yeah…think about it!  Weight Watchers, I love ya….but, I didn’t feel deprived this week with a lower count.  I’m moving on.  Thank you for teaching me some healthy habits.  I’m carrying those on over to Myfitnesspal and using them there….

So, I’d love to share some positive things that went on this week!  There were quite a few that didn’t have to do with the number on the scale!

In one week I:

- Tightened bra straps
- Had some loose shoes (I’m not self-conscious about my feet, but I’ll take it!)
- Wore a pair of jeans to work that I hadn’t been able to wear in MONTHS!
- Ran 45 minutes for the first time in 5 years!  (This was the *official* completion of C25K!)

Well, that's all I have for now.  If you happen to try out Myfitnesspal, look me up as "freendeed280."  I just found out that you can change your user name once.  I just did!  Now you can find me as "skinnygirlfreed."  I love it when everything matches!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment