Thursday, November 4, 2010

Some Ramblings...


Hey everyone...I don't have any real purpose for writing today, but thought I would share a photo from yesterday.  I got a lot of great comments and likes on Facebook yesterday - which really surprised me!  I thought the picture was just cool - because it was on top of one of the taller buildings in the city!  So, the compliments really took me by surprise!  Black is so flattering, right?!  Haha.  I think I look a LOT smaller in this pic than I really am!  Even with a heavy coat on!  I'm really enjoying the way my body is changing, though.  It's starting to get more noticeable.  I see changes almost daily now!  It's so motivating!


So, I had a great little lunch with my dad yesterday - and he's the one who took this shot.  From the top of the building I work in.  He had called me the night before, but I was asleep.  When I saw the number the next morning - I was kind of worried.  You see, my dad doesn't call me that often.  We don't really have what you call a "great" relationship.  Ya know?  Anywho - I called him back yesterday.  He was wanting to know what building I worked in.  See?  We don't really communicate much, right?  So I told him, and he says, "That's what building I've been working at all week!  What time do you take lunch?"  So I tell him - and we made some quick lunch plans.  Never mind the fact that I had already ordered a salad for lunch........

Lunch went very well.  Good conversation, lots of laughs....as it turns out, he's working for a company that is replacing the lighting on our building signs.  He was talking about being on the roof, so I asked if he could take me up there.  Of course, he agreed.  Now, this building isn't even remotely close to a skyscraper (17 stories), but, I don't know - it was just fun.  I'd always wondered how to get up there, you know...there had to be a way.....

So, in other news, I completed Day 4 of 30-Day Shred today.  All week I have been sore.  I mean, SORE!  It was hurting to WALK at some points!  Stairs were killing me!  It's all those lunges and squats!  I've been dealing with a slight running injury this week, and haven't been out to run since Sunday.  That's starting to feel better, plus, the soreness has started to ease up.  I think my body is starting to adapt.  Don't get me wrong - I grunted, growled & sighed all through that workout this morning...but, it didn't last all day!  Thank God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment