Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Tactics

Being on this weight-loss journey and having read numerous weight-loss blogs pertaining to surviving Thanksgiving - I thought I should come up with a few tactics of my own.  After all, I'm giving myself "The Gift of Health" for Christmas, and that means I must survive Thanksgiving to get there. 

I got to thinking about Thanksgiving while I was walking this evening.  So far, I'm not really that worried about it.  I know that the potential is there to MAJORLY screw up my eating for the week.  I'm not stressing about it.  I have a plan!  Hopefully you can make it work for you!
  • I'm going to eat well Monday - Wednesday.  If I screw it up during these days, it's going to be even harder on me in the aftermath.
  • I will exercise all three days leading up to Thanksgiving.
  • I will workout really hard on Thursday morning before I have to hit the road.  Fortunately, I live fairly close to family, and we typically eat late in the afternoon.
  • I'm going to focus on my family instead of the food.  I'm thankful for them, and that's what this holiday is all about.  Thankfulness.  I want to make an extra effort to spend time with them all and enjoy them.  They're way more important than that second piece of pumpkin pie.
  • I will take it easy on the items that I can have any time of the year.  Seriously?  Loads of mashed potatoes?  I love 'em, and I'll have some, but, I really want to spend more calories on things like Mamaw's stuffing & pumpkin pie.  Moderation is key.  One dessert will not kill me.
  • I will eat well Friday - Sunday. 
  • I will exercise Friday - Sunday 
  • Hopefully, I will wake up on Monday and weigh less than I do tomorrow.
  • If my plan fails at any point, I know that "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it." - Anne Shirley
I hope you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving.  I'll let you know how it turns out!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got a great plan! We've been doing boot camp and this week we aren't... So I've got to make a plan as well and STICK with it! Thanks for reminding us to plan for the Holiday just not on that day but for the whole week.

    ReplyDelete