I got to thinking about Thanksgiving while I was walking this evening. So far, I'm not really that worried about it. I know that the potential is there to MAJORLY screw up my eating for the week. I'm not stressing about it. I have a plan! Hopefully you can make it work for you!
- I'm going to eat well Monday - Wednesday. If I screw it up during these days, it's going to be even harder on me in the aftermath.
- I will exercise all three days leading up to Thanksgiving.
- I will workout really hard on Thursday morning before I have to hit the road. Fortunately, I live fairly close to family, and we typically eat late in the afternoon.
- I'm going to focus on my family instead of the food. I'm thankful for them, and that's what this holiday is all about. Thankfulness. I want to make an extra effort to spend time with them all and enjoy them. They're way more important than that second piece of pumpkin pie.
- I will take it easy on the items that I can have any time of the year. Seriously? Loads of mashed potatoes? I love 'em, and I'll have some, but, I really want to spend more calories on things like Mamaw's stuffing & pumpkin pie. Moderation is key. One dessert will not kill me.
- I will eat well Friday - Sunday.
- I will exercise Friday - Sunday
- Hopefully, I will wake up on Monday and weigh less than I do tomorrow.
- If my plan fails at any point, I know that "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it." - Anne Shirley