Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30-Day Shred (Take 2)


So, ok....now that I have totally completed Couch To 5K (something I had started a few times, but never finished), I was thinking I need to tackle something else of the same nature.  About this time last year - I got this video from Netflix to try it.  My sister-in-law talked about it a lot, so I wanted to see what it was all about.  I think I made it 3 days!  Haha.  I remember yelling at the screen A LOT!!!  I gave up! 

Well, it's been in my queue for a LONG time to try again.  Now is the time.  I'm in better shape now than I was a year ago.  Even with that said, putting this DVD in will make you quickly realize - you're not in as good of shape as you thought!  Instead of yelling at the screen this time - I'm growling and sighing.  You don't stop.  For 20 minutes.  Jillian says - if you want to see results in a 20 minute workout - you CAN'T stop.  Makes sense!  I've only tried Level 1 so far.  It's full of jumping jacks, butt-kicks, punches, jumping rope, lunges & other strength moves, and various crunches.  I'm intrigued, but slightly scared of Level 2 right now.  Ha!  We'll see.  I should take a look at all the levels. 

After 2 workouts, I can definitely feel that I worked out hard!  Even though it's short, it's a total body workout.  I feel "the burn," just about everywhere today!

Supposedly you can lose 20 pounds in 30 days with this video.  We'll see what happens.  I'll let you know how I progress through the levels.  Let me know if you give this video a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment