Monday, August 16, 2010

So Far, So Good...

So, it hasn't been quite a week since I started this journey, but, so far, so good. 

I don't have a LOT to report, but, I'm working on it.  It hasn't been quite a week, but, I've been working pretty hard.  I still don't have a great handle on the eating, but, it's coming along.  I have decided to follow the Weight Watchers plan.  It just seems like a good fit.  I've had this app on my phone for a long time called iWatchr, and it's GREAT.  I can log everything I eat, track all my guidelines, and it keeps track of how many points I have left for me.  One of my favorite features is that it saves the foods I eat and if I eat them again, I can just choose them from a list and log them!  Easy peasy!

I have exercised every day but Friday so far.  Well, and so far, today.  I have finished 2 of the 3 days in week 1 of Couch To 5K.  I'm hoping to complete Day 3 today.  If not, I'll do something....I have 1 more day left in my 1st week.  Saturday was fun - I had my niece over for the weekend.  I took her to see "Annie," on Friday.  We got up kind of early on Saturday.  I actually convinced her to try working out with me instead of watching Dora The Explorer. I put in a Turbo Kick DVD and she just about made it through the warm-up.  Haha.  I finished the hour long workout.  She mentioned that she wished I had an easier workout, so, I popped one in.  We just did certain segments of it - since you could choose which part of the body you wanted to work.  She did some of it...but, I was just surprised that I could pry a 6-year-old away from Dora!  Haha.  I think I may have to look for some kind of children's workout video for her!  I even convinced her to get up and go for 1/2 hour walk with me on Sunday morning before church!  I wanted to run, but I didn't think that would work with her.  So, we just took a nice walk and chatted.  She's so cute! :)

So, I am going to flat-out confess, I ate pizza AND Chinese over the weekend.  I probably ate too much of both....well, I know I did.  However, I am making positive changes.  I'm trying to eat more fruits & veggies.  The weekends have always been hard for me.  Always.  I do so much better through the week when I'm working.  I need to seriously go to the store and stock up on healthy foods!  I also need to start planning to get out of the house more.  Lately I've been in  "stay home and do nothing" mode on the weekends.  I need to break that.  Maybe I'll plan a hike next weekend....something.  We'll see. :)

I'll try to post on Wednesday what I lost.  I don't think it's going to be massive...but, hopefully I'll see a few pounds gone!

-Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment