Thursday, August 19, 2010

Exercise In Unexpected Places...

So I got some exercise in last night!  I wasn't planning to, because I was joining "The Edge" at church on their "Road Rally."  It was kind of like the Amazing Race.  We had clues leading us to different places - which were mostly the homes of church members.  We ended up doing random challenges at every stop...from yard work, math problems, cleaning, getting down a little girl's "snap, boom, clap" chant to making soccer goals and more!  Along the way - I found myself running quite a bit!!!  Especially when one stop was in this awkward area and I knew we were gonna have to go out of our way to get to there.  We ended up parking and just flat out running to the shop when we hit a dead end in the alley!  It was then I thought, "Maximize this, girl."  So I ran as hard as I could...haha.  I remember saying to one of the girls - "Who needs Couch To 5K?"  Haha.  After all was said and done, my group came in 2nd place out of 4 groups.  My friend Ashley and I were on the same team again this year - so, we were pretty happy to improve this year.  We were DEAD LAST last year.  Haha.

It was good to see some of my Edge friends... I see them at church, but I haven't really attended the Edge this past year.  Good times! :)  It was just an added bonus to actually get in some exercise!  It doesn't always have to be "work!" 

Tonight I'm trying Zumba...we'll see what happens!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment