Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CONSTANT PEP-TALKS

So, now that I've embarked on this journey - I realize that I need constant pep-talks.  I'm constantly giving myself a pep-talk!  When I'm making food choices, when I need to exercise...all the time. 

I woke up at 6:30 on the dot this morning.  I immediately thought, "I feel really good!"  I slept SO well!  I know it's because I did Turbo Kick pretty close to bedtime last night.  So, I'm thinking, "I should really go out and run this morning."  I had just enough time.  I sat up on the edge of the bed and just sat there.  I knew I should go........but I was so torn between snuggling back underneath the covers with my hubby.  To sleep for a 1/2 hour.  I mean, was it really worth it??  I had to do the pep-talk.  After about 5 minutes, it worked.  I went out to do C25K.  It was challenging - since I started a new week today.  The running was upped on me today.  From 60 seconds at a time to 3 minutes.  That's a pretty good jump.  I mean, I've been conditioned to do over 3 miles before....but that was a while back!  It's rough starting over!  The cooler temperature totally helped me out this morning, though.  I REALLY need to start getting up and working out in the a.m.

So, it's confession time.  Some of you from Facebook know that I checked in at Little Mexico last night.  *sigh*  I didn't eat well.  Granted, Scott & I typically order fajitas and share them - and did so last night.  I guess it's not horrible if we're sharing.  However, the CHIPS get me every time!  I could probably LIVE on chips & salsa.  Of course, our waitress asks right out of the gate if we wanted cheese dip.  Dang it....OF COURSE I WANT CHEESE DIP!!!! Ha!  So, we got it, and it was so good!  I ate way too much of it.  I guess it's good to do that every once in a while, though.  As long as you're back in the game immediately!  I did work out last night - so I'm hoping it didn't completely sabotage me!

So, originally I had decided to weigh-in on Wednesdays, since that's the day I started.  Earlier this week I realized that I started Weight Watchers on a Thursday - so that should be my official weigh-in.  Tomorrow I will post the results.  Now I somehow need to get C25K on that schedule.  Then everything will be in sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment