Monday, August 23, 2010

It's A Learning Process...

So, this past Saturday, I was a workout FOOL!  I had made plans with my friend Anissa to run at 8 am, and I got up to do that...met her and we actually ended up walking.  We tried to run at the end, but my Couch25K app was goofing up.  So, we ran a little, but not much.  That was about an hour.  When I got home, I decided to finish up the C25K.  I did that, and thought I hadn't had enough, so I put in a Turbo Kick video and did that for an hour.  Crazy!  I really had to push myself through the Turbo Kick.  It was good to test my limits, though!  All in all, I worked out for nearly 3 hours!!!  Surprisingly enough, I actually felt like going to the pool afterward!  My sister-in-law and her kids took off and were at the pool for a few hours.  I swam a little...it was nice.  I hadn't been in the water ALLL summer!  It was great!  I think I'm going again this weekend!

Anywho - with all that extra activity, I earned lots of bonus food points.  In fact, I earned about 20!  I ate them all!!  Ridiculous!  My nephew kept talking about wanting to go to Coldstone...and even though I LOVE ice cream, I was like, "Oh man."  We did go - and I ended getting the "like it" size and ate it with out questioning too much.  When I got home later and figured out what I'd eaten.......I'd consumed 13 points with that little cup of ice cream.  I mean, hey....it was chocolate & peanut butter ice creams with Reese cups in it....and it was great.  Now, I'm not sure it was worth it.  I mean, on one hand, I'm thinking that I technically earned these points - and I'm allowed to eat them.  You don't HAVE to, though!  What if I hadn't?  How much MORE weight would I have lost???  *sigh*  Also - I totally could've ordered sorbet at Coldstone instead of ice cream.  How fun is that, though????  Blah.  Oh well, I had fun........and I'm moving on from it.  It's a learning process.........or re-learning for me....haha.

I do have that GREAT sore feeling though....I woke up yesterday and my hips hurt!  It wasn't a bad hurt, though...it was that good one....like, "I worked out hard..." results kind of pain.  I'm excited about pushing forward and accomplishing this goal!  :)  I think I may have more extreme exercise Saturdays!  I liked it! :)  I want to achieve it as fast as I can - but I also want to do it in a healthy way!  I'm already reaping the benefits.  I feel better, I've noticed that I'm walking faster, and I'm sleeping better!!!  Good stuff!  I can already see little teeny changes in my appearance.  That makes ya keep pressing on! 

Bring on the skinny girl! :)

1 comment:

  1. That's awsome. You should take body measurements so you can see progress that way too.

    ReplyDelete