Saturday, January 29, 2011

30-in-30 Run Challenge FINISHED!

Woo hoo!  I finished the 30-in-30 Run Challenge over at MapMyRun today!  I ran the final 3 miles today under a big, open, beautiful, & sunny sky!  NOT in the gym - as I had planned.  It was warm enough out for me to wear a short-sleeved shirt!  I was super-happy!  Also....can I brag just a little?  I did it with 8 days to spare!  Plus, once I logged my miles - I randomly looked at the leaderboard.  Of the participants who started the day I did - I came in 7th!  5th amongst the women!  COOL!

So, yeah...I've run a lot this month!  I definitely made up for lost time!  My hip feels great, and I'm sooo BACK!  It feels great to have finished this challenge!  I'm already trying to figure out what to do next month!  I really found that having an actual goal for exercise helped me this month.  Had it not been for the challenge, I doubt that I would have run all those miles.

Does anyone know of any good challenges out there?  I know that MapMyRun has a few other challenges going on in conjunction with the run challenge I just completed.  I need to check them out...hmm...
If you run across a good one, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on finishing!!! With days to spare? I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! I know reaching a goal feels great so enjoy it!!

    Keelie

    ReplyDelete