Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome, Twenty-Eleven!

I'm feel as if I'm a little tardy on the new year reflection/resolution/goals thing.  I had good intentions to post yesterday, but I got caught up in creating a new look for the blog (like it?), and I ran out of time.

I'm not going to lie, I haven't had a whole lot time to sit and reflect on 2010 OR make goals for 2011.  I've been so busy the last couple of weeks that I'm just now beginning to slow down and breathe.  I'm trying to get myself back into a routine.  It's not easy.  My eating has been pretty crazy, and it has caused me to pick up a couple of pounds (at least).  We'll see exactly where I am on the scale tomorrow morning.  I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but, most of me is ready to face the music.  Last week's weigh-in was kind of botched, and my weight has fluctuated all week.  Tomorrow I will see what's going on and work from there.  It's really no different than any other week....... I suppose.

I'm proud of myself for getting myself out of the house this weekend to jog/run!  I've been noticing much improvement in my hip - and was itching to get out and give it a shot!  The weather was unseasonably warm, so I went for it.  It went REALLY well!  I walked and ran - and paid close attention to how my hip was feeling.  I was so excited!  It was a great way to close out the year!  It got me pumped up for the new year and what is to come fitness-wise.  I went out for a good walk/run on Saturday, too!  I threw in some faster running toward the end of the workout!  The last 20 minutes I ran the distance between every other telephone pole.  I loved that, surprisingly!  I stayed out much longer than anticipated - and burned lot of calories.  I'm still feeling that burn!  It's great!

So, I am hitting the ground running in 2011!  What a great feeling!!  You know what also feels good?  Not having to "resolve" to lose weight this year!  I know I'm well on my way!  To anyone reading who has made the resolution to lose weight this year, you're going to quickly find out that it's not a one time, beginning of the year resolution.  It's definitely a daily thing.  Several times a day!  My advice to you is to keep trying!  Keep making that resolution!  If you mess up at one meal - get right back in the game at the next one!  If you miss a workout one day, make it a priority to get it in tomorrow!  It will get somewhat easier, but it will never become a piece of cake...oh, sorry.  Just hang in there, ok?

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. a piece of cake...lol good one jo. love you! And keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it!

    ReplyDelete