Monday, March 7, 2011

Weigh-In | 3.7.11

No loss here today.  Annnnd no gain.  I maintained.  I'm ok with that today, I suppose. 

I had a great week!  This week I ran over 9 miles!  The weather was pretty "decent" this week.  I was able to get outside, and let me tell ya - I'm loving it!  I simply cannot wait until the weather REALLY breaks!  One night in particular - I went to the local track to run, and ended up seeing my doctor there.  You know, the one who wants me to have shed 30 lbs. by May?  Talk about motivation!  Ha!  I have yet to lose ten since January!  I have a lot of work left to do before May.  I know things are going to get better once the weather breaks and the time changes.  I am simply ITCHING to be outside more! 

Over the weekend, I had some encouraging things happen.  I went to my friend's son's birthday party - and was so happy to hear the emphatic words "You look great," upon entering!  It was a great feeling, and it was unexpected!  I'm not in it this thing for the compliments, but, wow.  They help!  Honestly, I'm not sure if it was the comments I got or what...but, when I got home that evening, I passed by a mirror and kinda did a double-take!  I literally passed by and backed up and looked again!  I can really see a difference in my upper body.  In and around my shoulders and upper back.  It's exciting!

Also, yesterday driving home from church - I felt very bored & restless...if that makes sense.  I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do...where I wanted to go...nothing.  I knew I should have made myself exercise, but the weather was too yucky for outdoor stuff!  I didn't want to work out at home, my gym was closed....and I just didn't.  I did, however go to the store.  I sucked it up...I hate going to the store!  I went, and bought lots of good stuff.  When I got home, I started putting things away - and this crazy urge struck me.  I have been so up in the air whether or not I really liked my Bodybugg or not.  I've mentioned before - the food-logging system leaves much to be desired.  I have known for a while that I just needed to sit down and plug in the foods I eat.  So, that's just what I did.  Practically every item in my house!  I got kinda lazy toward the end and left out a few condiments and jellies.  Wow.  Was that ever exhausting!?  While I was at it, I re-arranged my pantry and refrigerator!  I can find things!   I know what I have in the house.  I feel so much better about food right now!  The logging thing will need tweaked here and there, but I now feel like I can use my bugg like it's should be used.  It's unfortunate that it took so much work to get it there, though! 

So, I'm looking forward to this week!  I'm ready to kick it into high gear and lose some weight!  I'm soooo stinkin' tired of camping out in the 250s. 

Who's with me?  Are you going to have a good week?! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment