Monday, March 14, 2011

Weigh-In | 3.14.11

Oh friends... sometimes I think I'm never going to get out of the 250s. 

This week, I'd like to thank my friend, the Girl Scout cookie for keeping me in the 250s. 


Yep...these two are my favorite.  3 boxes of each.  All 6 are now gone.  Yeah.  Now, I will defend myself.......I did NOT single-handedly eat every one of these cookies.  I do have a husband...and he likes cookies.  I think we both demolished a box each on our own.  Me - Tagalongs.  Him - Thin Mints.  However, I put a hurtin' on 'em.  Stupid cookies.  I'm super-glad to support the Girl Scouts.  NOT happy to gain 1.2 lbs. this week.  No Girl Scout shoved cookies down my throat.  Let that be known.

Anyway......

I'm up 1.2 lbs.  This week.....mark my words.  I WILL LEAVE THE 250s.  Did I say that last week?  Maybe I did.  This week - it's gone.  I'm done.  This is BEYOND ridiculous!

I'm super-stoked about the time change that happened yesterday!  I know it's going to boost my activity!  I worked out twice yesterday!  I ran about 3 miles yesterday by myself.  Then, in the evening, I convinced my hubby to go do some laps around the track.  I'm gonna make a runner out of him....I think.  He had fun.  We just alternated running & walking some laps.  He wanted to challenge himself, so he just kind of took off and started running full-force.  He made it look soooo easy!  He's in great shape, really.  I'm hoping I can talk him into going with me more.  It would be an amazing thing for us to both like to run!  We're headed in the right direction!

I got a FABULOUS new pair of running shoes last week.  My runner friend, Marshall told me I would benefit from a "real" pair.  I've always gone to Kohl's or Shoe Carnival/Dept.  or somewhere like that.  He said they're cheaper, because they're made cheaply.  I went to a special running/walking shoe shop in our area (Robert's - if you're near me) and plunked down some cash for a new pair of Mizuno Wave Alchemy.  I LOVE THEM!  I was experiencing a little bit of knee pain when running - and now that's clear!  They are sooo cushy!  I'm so glad I splurged!  I can really, really tell a difference! Here they are!


I'm also gearing up to start taking some live Turbo Kick classes again starting this week!!  My sister-in-law teaches, and she's starting a new class close by!  I love it! :)

So... I know the activity level is picking up momentum... I'm ready to start shedding some pounds!!!  Eating IS going to be in-check this week!

1 comment:

  1. YAY on your new running sneaks! I am also in the 250's, but I have said time and again that I am not a runner. OH the PAIN that ensues! But revisiting this same topic of really, really good running shoes has me wondering...

    ReplyDelete