Thursday, March 24, 2011

Idle Hands

So, I have been kind of kicking this idea around for a good while.  I love to eat.  Ya'll know that by now.  I'm a fatty!  I'm bad about snacking at night.  That's definitely when "mindless eating" strikes me.  I'll have a perfect day - and can blow it like CRAZY in the evening!  Ugh...stupid idle hands!

You see, one thing you may or may not know about me - is that I LOVE crafts.  Love, love, love, love loooooooove them.  I totally enjoy the satisfaction that comes with making something by hand.  Even more so - when it ROCKS!  I'm a HUGE fan of making something out of practically nothing.  I've been wanting to bring more of my personal life into this blog.  It does get kind of tiring writing about my diet and exercise all the time.  Well, what if I could incorporate crafts into the blog?  That's exactly what I'm going to do.  I'm going to tie up my idle hands with craftiness - and show YOU what I'm doing!  Maybe I'll inspire you to make something fun!?  It's not necessarily going to come from ideas of my own.  I follow a bunch of craft blogs.  It will be fun to feature their work!  However, I would love to share a tutorial of my own from time to time! 

The craft I'm going to start with (tonight...@ 11pm - ha!), is a cute little jersey knit bracelet that I wanted to make a while back.  I found the tutorial in my reader tonight (so glad they posted it again!), and thought, "Heh - Perfect!  This is literally going to tie up my hands!"  


Go check it out!  Let me know if you try this!  Post a picture on my Skinny Girl Set Free Facebook page!  Have you "liked" me over there yet?  What are you waiting on?!  If you're not into crafts, do you have a similar tip or trick to keep yourself from random munching at night (or anytime, really)??  Please share!  

Hmm...what color do should I make this in????




1 comment:

  1. Love that bracelet! Once wedding crafts die down, it's definitely on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete