Monday, February 28, 2011

Weigh-In | 2.28.11

Friends, I'm sorry I've been MIA so much lately!  I know my last post said I was burned out - and I was...briefly!  However, I'm back with a vengeance... haha. 

Today I was down from last week by 5.2 lbs.  I didn't quite get back every little bit, but it was close enough, I suppose.  Things will look even better next week, I'm sure.  On Friday, I turned 31.  Wow, that still feels weird, even after a year.  I sure don't feel thirty-one.  Anyway, I took the day off from work and didn't exercise.  I hung out with my husband and went to lunch.  Then I grabbed the new book he got me as a gift and headed to Starbucks and read for a while.  Here's the book:




So far, the book is really good.  As I sat at Starbucks with my huge Light Java Chip Frapp w/ Peppermint (thank you, Starbucks for the free celebratory treat), I quickly realized that it's more than just a book.  There were many thought-provoking questions for me to answer.  I found myself leaving to go buy a little journal to start writing in.  Some of what I read was familiar to me.  I've had some similar ideas in the last couple of months.  Perhaps I'll post more about this book in the next week or so?  I've been so busy the last couple of days and haven't had the chance to re-visit it!  I meant to bring it to work today so I could read on my lunch....but, I forgot.

In other news, when I walked out of the church doors yesterday, I was so, so, so happy to feel some WARM air!  The first thing I said to my husband was "I know what I'm going to do this afternoon!  He knows me well....he said, "Run!"  And run I did!  I went to the local track and timed myself running a 5K.  I hadn't ran that much in a while.  It was hard.  No lie.  I did it, though!  My time was 40:38.  I was a little surprised by my time.  I really thought it would be faster.  At the same time, it was empowering.  I did it!  I didn't push extremely hard for it or anything.  I just kept running.  Tracks are boring, but I really wanted to get a time on flat & easy terrain.  My neighborhood is quite hilly - so it probably wouldn't have been as good. 

Speaking of 5Ks, just before I started this post, I registered to run the local Susan G. Komen "Race For The Cure."  I'm so excited to do this!  Not so long ago, I lost an aunt to breast cancer.  Debbie was such a great woman and she is greatly missed.  I remember as a little girl, Debbie sat across from me at table and so seriously told me, "This is YOUR life, Jo Ann.  You can do whatever you want to do with it."  Pretty simple......but, somehow, I've never forgotten that.  Right now, I choose to be healthy.  That's what I want to do with my life.   Be healthy.  So, this one's for Debbie.  My 2nd ever 5K.  I'm going to work hard to prepare for it, and shave some time off.  I'm going to raise some money for a cure.

So friends, you haven't seen much of me lately, but, I'm still doing this thing.  I'm still bound and determined to make it happen!  Thanks for sticking around!

Oh - before I forget!  If you're a Facebook person...check out my new "Skinny Girl Set Free" page!  I'd LOVE it if you "liked" my page!  Come on over and see what's going on! :)

1 comment:

  1. 5K number 2!!! Exciting! I'm sure your aunt would be very proud at your progress!

    ReplyDelete