Thursday, September 9, 2010

Weigh-In | 9.9.10

Ok…first things first. This week – I’m down 2 pounds. Woo hoo! 

Grand total...



So, to some, that may not seem like a lot. It’s kind of crazy how much of a difference just 10 pounds makes. I say that just about every time I start losing weight. I have really started to see differences.  It’s so motivating! Controlling what I eat is hard...I’m still struggling with that.  I don’t think that will ever really go away. I hope it does!

One thing I’ve noticed in the last few days is how much energy I have! It’s nuts! I find myself when I’m sitting at work or wherever, tapping my feet or bouncing my legs. It’s all this crazy pent-up energy. I’ve worked out pretty hard this past week. I only missed one day! It’s amazing to me how I can work out pretty hard, and STILL have crazy energy! I find myself wanting to exercise more than once a day. Part of it is energy, and part of it is just the fact that I want this weight off!!!!!

Couch 2 5K is getting harder…and easier at the same time. I started Week 5 today. My running will start to vary by day now. On my last run this week (there’s 3), I will run for a full 20 min. I’m going to have to push myself a lot harder.  Even though the walking is decreasing and running increasing - I'm doing it...I'm not walking.  I just keep going.  I hubby bought me an armband for my iPhone, and it's been wonderful!!  It's nice to run hands-free.  I’ve also been doing Turbo Kick on my off days, which is really helping.  It's a great workout.  It makes me feel strong...

I tried some new things this week. I made potato salad with cauliflower instead of potatoes. It wasn’t my thing, but I took it to some cookouts and people ate it…some even liked it! I split my hot dog weiner in half at one cook-out and put them on two buns. I found that satisfying.  I took half of my food home from a restaurant. It’s little things that I have been changing – and it’s been helping a lot!  Be flexible, creative and adventurous!  Don't be afraid to do things differently!  I know it’s the only way I’m going to keep this going!  I WILL keep this going. 

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! Thanks for being honest about it being hard. I'm trying to lose my "baby" weight (yes, my baby turns FOUR in a week), and I have had a hard time not eating what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Jo. I have found that there is a lot of retraining of the mind that must go into losing weight and keeping it off. For example, I would like to suggest reminding yourself OFTEN that long term health is the goal, and working toward that goal is always worth it. Also, you are not depriving yourself, you are making a wise choice because in the long run, it is the choice you really want to make. You will be glad you did, and with time, you will enjoy the right choices more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrat's to you and your 10 lbs lost! Just keep thinking positive.

    ReplyDelete