Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Road-Trip Redemption

My sister-in-law & myself on "Top of the Rock!"

So, as I mentioned on Thursday, I went on a little road trip.  My sister-in-law and I went to New York City!  We went on one of the cuh-RAZY red-eye bus trips!  If you're not familiar - we left on Friday evening and drove through the night.  We were dropped in Times Square to spend the day in the city.  We were picked back up at 11pm and drove back home through the night.  Exhausting!  We walked ALL OVER the place!  I got my exercise in, but, man.....it took a toll on me!  When I got home, I realized I was completely swollen!  My legs, ankles and feet were soo crazy swollen! 
Like I said, we walked a LOT.  I didn't eat a lot, but, I had things that were bad for me.  I had 2 cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery (mmmmmmmm) and General Tso from some random place in Chinatown, and a piece of non-descript chain pizza in Time Square.  I wanted to have real NYC pizza, but it just didn't pan out. 

Once I came home, I slept and slept and slept.  I slept about 12 hours - was up for one and then went right back to bed!  I only ate once that day, really.  I had a Whopper Jr and some fries that my hubby brought me.  Then yesterday - I wasn't good either!  We had DiGiorno for lunch and Chinese for dinner.  UGH! 

So let's just say - I'm SOOOOO not looking forward to weighing in on Thursday.  It's going to take some major kick-butt exercise effort to redeem myself.  I haven't done anything since Saturday!  I'm sitting here now eating a salad from Subway - trying to take control back from my road-trip!  But hey.......I had fun, and I know I'm STILL in control here! :)  This week I will get back to normal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment