Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Change Would Do You Good

Are you singing that Sheryl Crow song now?  Sorry if that gets stuck in your head!

I'm writing today to tell you that I'm moving my weigh-in day.  And before you even think it.....I'm actually down this week.  (I mean, come on, it's not "official," but I did weigh in)  My weigh-in will now take place on Monday.  I'm doing this to keep myself more focused on the weekend.  I've mentioned having trouble in this area before.  I'm always playing catch-up afterward.  I usually slack off and don't count my points.  I eat things I shouldn't be - and typically too much of it!  Hopefully this will help keep things in check.

I have to say - I have a great support system in my best friend, Laci.  We're both doing this thing - and succeeding.  She's lost 15 pounds!!  Yay!  We tell each other our weigh-in successes the day of, we email back and forth about the foods we're eating and the exercise we're doing.  We've been walking together on our lunches.  It's been great! :)  Now we're both changing our weigh-in day to Monday to keep us both on track and to share in our successes the same day!


Here's me & Laci on a little hike last weekend. 

So, last night I went out for a run.  I set out to do the typical 30 minutes.  I ended up running 36!  Nothing huge, but I went for it.  It was totally "mind over matter."  Since it was late, I just ran this flat street close to the house (mine has a huge hill) over & over.  About halfway into the run, I really wanted to stop, but even then I realized that my legs weren't hurting......the only thing that was bothering me was my breathing.  I'm still hanging onto a little bit of a cold, so I think that's the problem.  When 30 minutes was up, I was all the way at the end of the street.  I could've stopped then.  I pressed on! :)  After it was over I felt great! :)  I looked up the mileage later, and realized that I had run just over the distance of a 5K!  It was the first time since doing Couch To 5K that I had actually covered the distance.  :)  Woo hoo! 

Tonight I went to Anytime Fitness for the first time.  I'm trying to get myself geared up for the winter months.  I'm not sure yet, but Anytime Fitness seems pretty cool.  You really can work out anytime of the day or night.  I started a free 7-day trial today - and if you go to their website and fill out the pre-registration form, they'll send you an email giving you the trial.  They have a pretty good variety of machines.  It wasn't super crowded.  One of my favorite things was that all of the treadmills, bikes and ellipticals had built in TVs!  That might help me like the treadmill a little more!  I'm not sure if I'll end up joining or not.  I really don't want to join a gym - but I want to have options this winter.  I hope this winter is mild and I don't have to fight too much cold.  I really hope the "s" word doesn't come into play much.

Oh well - I'll be back on Monday with my weigh-in result!




No comments:

Post a Comment