Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm baaaaaaaacckk...

Did you miss me?

Wow, I'm impressed!  After a 4 month break - I come back to my blog and find that you're all still here!  I was afraid I'd log on and find that I had about 4 followers (if that many!).

I hope you're all doing well.  Me, aside from gaining back about every pound I lost....I'm doing GREAT!  Ha.  No, seriously...I've gained about all of it back.  I haven't weighed myself in about a week and a half......and I know then...I was really close.

That's ok, though.  Ya know?  I'm back.  I'm ready.  I'm GOING to do this.

Today I went on a loooonnnggg walk.  Just me & my Elevation Worship Pandora station.  Oh...and God.  Don't let me forget Him... He TOTALLY showed up.  It's because of Him, that I'm sitting here writing this blog now.  I started thinking about things....thinking about this last year or so...how much I've learned, how much I've grown, and how I know God has more for me.

I'm sure you guys all know this - or have at least heard it....but I'm coming to finally realize that I am soooooo much more than a number on a scale.  That's one of the first things I started thinking about this afternoon.  I've heard it before....but I don't think it was able to truly soak in until today.  I'm soooo much more than that.  I'm so much more than fat.  So much more than food.  God has a greater plan for me.  One that does not involve sitting down in front of the TV and stuffing my face every evening.  After all, I have DVR!  Come on!  I feel that I am to go after this weight-loss goal of mine.  That I'm to share what I'm doing...how I'm doing it...and help encourage others to join me & do the same.  What that is going to look like, I don't know right now.

All I know is that I'm here.  I'm ready for change. Long-lasting change.  I know I am strong.  I know I CAN work out hard.  I CAN do more than what I'm doing now.  I CAN do this.  I have a bad habit of going full-throttle after this goal........losing a good deal of weight, and then stalling out.  I cheat.   I work out less.  Slowly I start packing the weight back on.  Until it slaps me in the face one day.  I see a picture.  I realize just how out-of-control I am.  I'm ready to break that cycle.

I know my true beauty lies within.  I'm far from perfect...I fail God every day - in different ways.  But God has worked hard on me the last 12 years.  I want the outside of my body to finally....FINALLY reflect the inside.  I want to take care of my body so that I can be used to my full potential.  It's time.  The time is now.     I'm going to go and start working on my plan............and I'll see you all for weigh-in tomorrow.  Time to face the music.  Time for the skinny girl to FINALLY be set free.  Once and for all.

Anyone wanna join me?  It's easier when someone comes alongside ya...Let's do this!

  

2 comments:

  1. hey chick i am in that same boat but since the new year i change some of my eating habits and lose some weight. i found some 5 pound weight in the closet and started using them to help shape my arms. I know you can do this. you are a strong beautiful woman both inside and out and i can't wait to read some more post from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have't update your journey for some time. How things go so far? Hope you doing well.

    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete