Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Progress.....

So ok, I'm getting a little bored with this blog.  I've been mainly posting my weigh-ins, and that's about it.  Sometimes there's a little more......but I don't know... I think I need to step it up a little.  I'm not sure how, though.  I've been trying to find some new blogs to inspire me...

This week has been going pretty well.  Since I last wrote, I met a woman in my neighborhood - and we've been walking.  Her name is Wendy.  She stopped me when I was on my way in from a run and we got to talking...she's been wanting a walking buddy.  So we've been walking quite a bit.  In fact, after our last walk - we were up to almost 15 miles!  We're still trying to work out our schedules and commitments and such - but we're both on the same page.  Both of us want to kick this fat to the curb!

I finished up week 7 of Couch To 5K today.  All 3 workouts were runs of 25 minutes.  They have all gone pretty well.  Most of the time I wish my neighborhood wasn't mostly uphill.  Though I think that it's making me stronger - since I'm pushing through it.  It's kinda fun sometimes.  I'll push myself up one hill, you know...dying by the top of it - and I get to kinda "fly" down the other side.  I feel like a "real" runner then.  Ha! 

I have also been doing some Turbo Kick.  I need to step that up a little.  I haven't done it since Saturday.  I did two 45(ish) minutes videos then.  I'm a glutton for punishment, really.  I've been pushing myself really hard on Saturdays.  After the videos Saturday, I went out for a 3+ mile walk with Wendy.  Again....lots of hills....they kick our butts.  I'm enjoying getting to know Wendy - it's nice to have some support. :)

So...I'm *hoping* I'm down this week.  After last week's maintain - I need it.  I've been working hard and eating well, so I feel like I totally deserve it this week!  Fingers crossed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment