Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weigh-In | 7.18.11

Ok, so my post is still late, BUT, I'm improving.  Early a.m. Tuesday is waaaay better than late Wednesday. :)  I had this crazy coughing fit this morning, and couldn't get back to sleep....soo...here goes nothing!

Soooo, guess who had an AMAZING week?  ME! :)  No beating around the bush....no making excuses this week (not that I would ever do that...).  I did what I was supposed to do last week.  I ate very well and I worked out 6 days!  YES!  The fruits of my labor?  FOUR.POINT.FOUR.POUNDS.  BONUS!  :)

So, I'm pretty stinkin' happy about that.  I Turbo Kicked, walked, ran, played volleyball, swam & even danced a little.......yeah - I did a lot last week!  This week I've set out to be just as successful.  It's hard, though.  It's extremely easy to fall back into old patterns.  I did really well all day yesterday....but had a slight mishap with a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in the evening.  I wanted something sweet.  I was eating the stuff dry out of the box.  Annnnd I ate a bunch of it.  I wasn't hungry.  I just enjoyed the taste of it.  Stupid.  I finally had to make myself put the stuff away!  It was odd.  I've been trying hard to pay close attention to when I'm hungry and when I'm not.  Yesterday afternoon at work - I hit that 3pm slump.....and I really, really wanted a Reese cup.  I didn't get one, though.  I wasn't hungry.  I ended up trying to curb the craving with a diet Dr. Pepper.  I don't drink much soda, but, this seemed to help.

One thing that has really helped this week - was getting a new friend involved in my journey.  I've been talking with my new friend from church, Sarah about fitness.......and we've got this kinda cool "accountability" thing going on.  She's signed up on MyFitnessPal, and we've been texting about this kinda stuff.  We've started sending random pics of what we're eating.....or just talking about it.  We're not judgmental or critical of each other....it's just some extra support.  It's nice to know someone else is in this with me.  :)  She rocks!

Oh....and this week is gonna be pretty fun!  Later this week is Vacation Bible School at my church.  Wanna know what the theme is?  Fitness.  Healthy Lifestyle.  YEAH!  It's called "Fit For Jesus."  The church has developed the program themselves & we're excited about it!  I think it's awesome to be teaching children about living a healthy lifestyle at an early age!  Add Jesus into that mix....AMAZING.  Sarah & myself are both involved in the worship part of VBS - so we'll be onstage singing & dancing this week.  I'm still laughing about getting myself into this.......I'm so not a dancer.   However, I'm doing it - and I'm hoping to just be silly with it and burn some extra calories this week!

Well friends, I hope you all have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment